Can I daisy-chain two Viewsonic VP2468 monitors to Plugable Usb-C?

HP Spectre 360X 13-inch, Plugable USB-C docking station, two ViewSonic VP2468 monitors. Can I daisy-chain the monitors? What is the cabling configuration to operate two external monitors?

Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be more than happy to assist!

Just to make sure I have the right information, which Plugable USB-C based docking station are you utilizing?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with USB Power Delivery. UD-ULTCDL.

Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for sending this information over! The UD-ULTCDL has 3 individual display output ports. 1 via DVI, 1 via HDMI with a maximum of 2K resolution support, and another HDMI port with a maximum of 4K@30Hz resolution. Daisy chaining normally requires specific DisplayPort based displays that have “DisplayPort Out” ports, but this will not be required due to the available 3 ports for connecting displays to the docking station.

The best quality and configuration for connecting two displays to the docking station involves utilize direct HDMI to HDMI based cables, and connecting the displays to the 2K HDMI port and 4K HDMI port. This way, you will have 2 distinct displays, with higher maximum support resolutions on each display.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Thank you for the reply. That leads to the next question, and back to the first. If I have two or more 4K monitors, or want to connect more than three HD monitors, can I daisy-chain them to accomplish that? The diagram attached shows the ports available.

!](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1693847/VP2468PortDiagram_inline.JPG?1516224655)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1693847/VP2468PortDiagram.JPG?1516224655)

Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for clarifying. With our individual docking stations, we do not support the use of MST based “Daisy-Chaining” with our docking stations, due to the unique nature of compatibility, and the limited use cases we have seen actually function correctly.

When utilizing this particular docking station, you will be limited to utilizing one 4K @ 30Hz display, with two additional HD monitors attached.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We were able to advise Bart that due to his intended configuration, it would not be possible to utilize the MST features of his individual displays to connect them in a daisy-chain configuration.

We have not received a reply back to the individual information we provided, but if Bart or anyone else has any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support