Can I connect a hosted sip phone to my windows 10 running on WIFI?

I want to run my hosted phone off the Windows 10 computer using the pluggable as the ethernet connection. So I would be getting the phone to work on the USB and pull an IP from the WIFI to my router.

Hi David,

Thanks for asking! To the best of our knowledge, this would not be possible without some kind of software on the host system to interface with your device. The device also needs to communicate using standard Ethernet protocols.

However, even if the aforementioned requirements are able to be met, unfortunately it’s not something that would be officially supported. We also do not manufacture devices that are intended to plug into SIP phones.

I’m sorry we will not be able to be your solution for this use case. If you have further questions, please send a message to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #221808” in the subject line and we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Techonologies

Hi David,

We’re closing this thread due to lack of activity, but are happy to reopen this case at your convenience.

Please just send a message to support@plugable.com using the instructions above and we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies