Can I close my laptop and keep monitors working?

Can I close my laptop and have the pluggable keep working?
I have two monitors and I don’t need my laptop to be open all the time. Can it work like a regular dock?

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am happy to help with this configuraiton!

The Windows default behavior is to sleep the system when the lid is closed, this can be resolved by changing the Windows power settings, assuming you are using Windows 10, please perform the following:

1. Close or minimize all open windows
  2. Right-click on the Start menu and select Power Options from the pop-up menu
  3. Select Additional power settings on the right side of the window
  4. On the new Power Options window, select Choose what closing the lid does
  5. To the right of When I close the lid and under Plugged in select Do nothing from the drop down menu

Optional: Disable the notebook’s internal display to prevent windows from opening here or being “lost” when the lid is closed

1. Close or minimize all open windows
  2. Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings from the drop down menu
  3. Under Select and rearrange displays use the Identify button to map the physical displays to the diagram
  4. From the diagram at the top of the screen, select the display you would like to be your main display
  5. Scroll down to Multiple displays and select the Make this my main display check-box
    6[1 external]) Note the number of the external display and select Show only on # from the drop-down under Multiple displays
    6[2+ externals]) Select the internal display from the diagram at the top, and select Disconnect this display from the drop-down under Multiple displays

Please let me know if this works for you, or if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Jorge,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support