Camtasia Layered Windows problem

When I record using Camtasia, layered windows are not recorded from external monitors connected thru the plugable device. Recording is fine on the laptop screen I am using Plugable USB 3.0 (UD-3900) on Windows 10.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station.

Can you provide more detail about the version of Camtasia you are using, the version of the DisplayLink driver installed for the dock (in the Control Panel under Programs and Features) and the precise steps you are taking? I would like to try and reproduce the behavior in house if I can to help determine if the behavior you are seeing may be a general incompatibility or specific to your particular setup (as yours is the first such report we have had).

Pending that additional information, I just downloaded a trial of the most recent version of Camtasia Studio 8 (version 8.6.0.2079) and was able to capture the monitor connected to a UD-3900 docking station and opened several windows and applications layered on top of one another and things worked as expected. This was on Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update and all cumulative updates applied as of today (one was just released today) using the 8.0 M2 version of the DisplayLink driver (8.0.778.0)

Just let me know the additional information when you have a moment and we will go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks Bob: I had a parallel posting to the Camtasia support team where they identified a solution. https://support.techsmith.com/hc/requ…

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting back with the update, and I am glad TechSmith/Camtasia were able to help. The link you provided appears to be a private link for your support case. Is it possible for you to post the text of the solution here for the benefit of others?

Thank you,

Bob