Cable no longer works after updating to Mojave

The update finished installing, I restarted, and now my monitor isn’t recognized. Have you had any issues?

Hello, thanks for posting and I’ll be happy to help!

Are you using one of our USB-C Alternate Mode cables in order to connect your system to an external monitor? If so, can you let us know the specific cable you are using?

Also, can you let us know the model of macOS system you are using as well as the model of the monitor you are using?

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

David,

The cable I’m using has the model USBC-DP on the package. I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) with Touch Bar and I’m connecting it to an Asus VG248QE. If you need to know anything else, I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
James

Hi James, thanks for the information. I’ve just tested the cable with our 15inch 2016 MacBook Pro running Mojave and it worked well with a Dell 1920x1080 monitor. We don’t have the same Asus in our labs to have an identical setup, however.

Does preforming an SMC or NVRAM reset on your MacBook Pro help resolve this? Apple has guides here –> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 and here –> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 for resetting these respectively.

If those resets do not help we would like to send you a pre-tested replacement cable so we know it is working with Mojave. We will then reach out to your email address used to register on our forums in order to facilitate this process directly.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies

David,

I just got my MBP back from the Apple store. I had another issue going on outside of what I contacted you about. It turns out that both the display and logic board needed to be replaced. Once I got it home and connected my monitor everything worked as it should. I won’t need a replacement cable, but I really appreciate you guys doing whatever you could to help. Thanks again!

Regards,

-James

Hi James, thanks for the update and great to hear!

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support