Broken, interrupted audio and flashing monitors

I’m experiencing broken audio on my Plugable UD-3900. Macbook Air 13" running Sierra. Never had this issue with my old Targus DisplayLink station. Also, the device crashes frequently (about every 3 min) with displays flickering like mad.

Hello John,

Thanks for the post! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your docking station, but I’m here to help. While we don’t officially support the UD-3900 on Macs, the situation you’re describing is atypical. Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a spare USB cable? I’d like to try swapping out the cable from the laptop to the dock, just so we can rule that out.

Thank you!

No Mac support? I’ll box it up and return it then. When are hardware manufacturers going to realize the Mac install base is large and growing?

Hello John,

We try to offer Mac support where we can. In this case the UD-3900 uses DisplayLink drivers, and while they’re working on developing better compatibility with OS X devices, we’re not supporting it yet. That said, if you still feel uncomfortable using our product, we’ll be happy to refund it. If you want to email us at support@plugable.com I’ll be happy to process your refund.

Thanks!