Brand New HP Laptop with USB 3.1 and Gigabit Internet Speed issue using Dock

I just purchased a HP Laptop, Core i5 Gen 8 with USB 3.1 x 2 ports.
I get speedtest results around 700 down on my computer connected directly from Router to ethernet port on laptop.
If I use the Dock for Ethernet I get around 200 down. I have tried some of the fixes like going to Control Panel and making the adapter run full 1.0 Gig vs Auto, doesn’t help. I really like the product, but it doesn’t make sense to use it to add a monitor, as I will not give up the speed. Going to return soon without a solution. I also removed displaylink driver with Tool I downloaded and reinstalled newest version from the website.
Saw the issue with Dells and the program they add, I don’t see it on this computer as well. I cannot find a fix that works on this forum

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected with your UD-3900 dock and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the troubleshooting you have already performed that is much appreciated. Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to your laptop and the network cable connected to the dock and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #278581’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and help determine the next steps. Please also include your Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase within your direct email.

** Please do not post either the PlugDebug or the Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.