bluetooth USB adapter 4.0 LE problems

ok, I have a 2010 emachines ET1831-07 with home premuim. I purchsed a plugable bluetooth USB adapter 4.0LE for my new speakers to have in other room-25feet away. I cannot get them to work, hooked up directly to computer they are fine, but not on bluetooth. the cd part is installed on computer so what is wrong? help, jasonlevar1@gmail.com

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting us about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry about the problems with it.

Actually, 25 feet in another room is pushing up pretty close to the range of Bluetooth. This adapter is a class 2 device, which means a range of 10 meters or about 33 feet, but having a one or more walls in-between can definitely block the radio signal enough that it wouldn’t be able to go 25 feet. There are some ways to get around this, but first, let’s make sure that is the problem.

Could you please answer a few questions that will help be understand the situation more clearly?

1. What version of Windows is on your computer. Home Premium sounds like Windows 7, but I want to be sure.

2. What is the make and model of your speakers?

3. Is it possible to bring the speakers temporarily closer to the computer for testing?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

This procedure got the speaker connected:

1. Start with your speaker turned OFF. Turn off Bluetooth on any devices in the area that you have previously connected the speaker to and “Unpair” or “Forget” the connection in each device’s Bluetooth settings. This is very important to make sure the speaker doesn’t automatically connect to one of them instead of to the computer.

2. On the computer, click the Start button, then select Devices and Printers.

3. In the Devices and Printers window, if you see your speaker there, click it and select Remove Device, then select Yes in the next window.

4. Put the speaker into pairing mode.

5. In the Devices and Printers window, select Add a device.

6. An icon for your speaker should show up in the Add a Device window. Click it, then select Next.

7. The speaker should connect. Try playing music through it. If it doesn’t work, continue with step 8.

8. Right click the speaker icon on in the system tray at lower right.

9. Select Playback devices. The speaker should be on the list under Headphones or Speaker and possibly Headset. Right-click it and click Set as Default device.

I’m going to close this thread. If there are any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@plugable.com or to start a new thread.