Bluetooth stick not being recognized

Hi,

When I first used my “Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter” on my Windows 10 laptop, it worked fine and I used it with my Bluetooth devices nicely.

After a day or two, it is now not working and when I go to Device Manager, there is an exclamation mark next to the Broadcom Bluetooth Driver, when I click on Properties and see the Device Status, there is an error “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”. Below are my tries to resolve this so far:

1. I reinstalled the driver and removed any other drivers (except Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator) and the issue is still there.
  2. I restarted my laptop and the issue is still there.

Note that I tried it on another Windows 10 PC and it worked fine.

Hi,

Thank you for posting! I apologize for the problems with the adapter.

Because the adapter works well in another Windows 10 computer, the issue is probably a software one. Device manager only shows drivers that are for currently connected devices, so it could be one hanging around from a previous device.

Could you run our diagnostic program and send the results? It will gather all the driver information, and I can probably find out what the issue is.

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email at support@plugable.com and put “For Ticket #142974” in the subject line.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Hi David,

Thanks for replying and giving so much details, much appreciated!

Actually I just solved it by coincidence, this is how:
I did remove the previous Bluetooth drivers from the Devices Manager but it appears removing the drivers from there doesn’t completely uninstall them. Because when I downloaded the Bluetooth drivers from my Laptops manufacturer and tried to install them (hoping they built in Bluetooth would work), it started UNINSTALLING the original drivers and when it was done, Plugable’s Bluetooth stick suddenly started working.

Yay, it’s now working… Lucky me!

Again, I really appreciate your reply and wish you the best.

I’m glad you got it working, by whatever means!

Just a word of warning: Windows 10 has a nasty habit of re-enabling built-in adapters when it does a major update, so if you see similar symptoms in the future, you may need to disable the built-in adapter and remove its drivers again.

David

I’m going to close this thread. Please let us know if you have any other questions at support@plugable.com. Thanks!