Bluetooth Mouse 3 on Linux not moving sometimes

I have recently purchased a Plugable BT-MOUSE3.

I’m running Ubuntu 17.10 on an HP Spectre x360 13.

I’ve paired the mouse successfully.

Often, when the mouse is used after a period of inactivity, it will no longer move the cursor. The click buttons and the mouse wheel still work, though.

Reconnecting manually is not guaranteed to fix the problem, although that sometimes fixes the issue.

Hi Xandor,

Thank you for your post! I’m sorry you’re experiencing this behavior with our Bluetooth mouse on Ubuntu. I’d like to help you troubleshoot!

Unfortunately, Bluetooth keyboards and mice with Ubuntu and other Linux distros can be tricky as the Bluetooth profile support and management within the kernel are just not that great. But, this sounds more related to a firmware issue we were seeing with some of the mice and we should probably get an updated unit out to you.

Could you please send a message to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #216874” in the subject line along with your Amazon Order ID and we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies

After some communication, it seemed likely that the cause of the issue was a faulty firmware. I was sent a replacement mouse, which works correctly.

Hi everyone,

As Xandor mentioned, we did get a replacement mouse out to him with updated firmware that appears to have fixed the issues he was seeing.

We’ll be closing this post out as a result. If you have have similar issues, please send a message to support@plugable.com!

Thank you,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies