Bluetooth headset I connect to my PS4 takes the audio away from OBS so it does not detect or record audio

I have my NIX capture card so I can record my PS4 gameplay but with my Bluetooth headphones OBS does not get any sound only when I disconnect my bluetooth headset from my PS4 do I get sound on OBS. Does this mean I can’t record my game sound and game chat? Also on a side note, when I record something and it saves onto my computer files I can’t open the file or transfer it to my editing software.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

If you are utilizing your bluetooth headset to chat and hear game audio, you will need to modify the sound settings on your PS4 do ensure that the audio is being outputted via the HDMI cable (as this is how the capture card captures the audio) and via the headset at the same time.

In regards to the file issue, this is directly handled by OBS, and you may need to ensure that the files you are recording are saved in a format that your editing software can utilize. You can check this by changing the file type inside of OBS> File> Recording & Streaming.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Eduardo to obtain some additional information, and to provide some simple troubleshooting steps, but we did not receive a response back. If Eduardo would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else has any similar questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support