Bluetooth dongle not finding any pairable devices on Windows 7 Enterprise.

I have Windows 7 Enterprise and was able to install the software and drivers just fine. However, when I try to add a Bluetooth device, nothing shows up. I’ve taken all of the steps to put each device into pair mode and still cannot get anything to show up. I’ve tried a few different devices and nothing.

Also, when I click on the Bluetooth icon, there is an option for “Open Settings”. When I click on it, I get nothing. No response and no settings menu at all.

Hi Traci,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry about the problems with it. It sounds like there is an issue with the drivers.

Could you run our diagnostic program and send us the result? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email support@plugable.com.

Please put “For Ticket #184987” in the subject line.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support