Blank 2nd Monitor

My plugable USB-C Docking station works perfectly 70% of the time. However, on occasion, my 2nd monitor does not turn on when my MacBook Pro (M1) is in clamshell. I inevitably have to unplug, recycle multiple times and eventually, it works. It’s frustrating. DisplayLink Manager is up to date 1.6.1

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for letting me know you’re already running DisplayLink 1.6.1! I just have a few additional questions:

1. Can you say which physical connection on the dock the second monitor is connected to that’s not turning on? Your UD-ULTCDL dock should have a “4K HDMI”, “2K HDMI”, and DVI.

2. Also, when this happens do you notice any kind of pattern besides that it seems to happen in Clamshell mode? For example, after a reboot, or perhaps after the system has gone to sleep and then woken up, etc? Or does it seem pretty random?

3. Has this issue been present since setting up the dock, or is this a recent development?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.