Black flash and then Desktop Windows Manager stops working.

I have a UD-160A with an external monitor attached, running Windows 7. I keep getting a flash to the screen followed by a popup window that says “Desktop Windows Manager stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.” I uninstalled the Graphics download and the problem stopped. Reinstalled it and the issue is back again. I just got the unit yesterday. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Forgot to mention the rest of my troubleshooting efforts.

1. Graphics installed, monitor plugged in = flash and stop working.
  2. Disconnected monitor from unit and plugged directly into laptop (graphics still installed) = flash and stop working.
  3. Removed laptop from unit and disconnected monitor from laptop (graphics still installed) = flash and stop working.
  4. Laptop disconnected from unit and monitor, uninstalled graphics download = no errors.
  5. Reinstalled graphics download, reconnected laptop to unit, reconnected monitor to unit = Flash and stop working happening again.

So, I’m thinking there’s something in the download that is causing it. But, I’m not a techie person, so I don’t know how to resolve it.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know about the issue you are seeing. Could you please run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here:http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and send us the .zip generated by it on the desktop as an attachment at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread.

This will give us a better insight to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the next steps to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Roze