I have a UD-160A with an external monitor attached, running Windows 7. I keep getting a flash to the screen followed by a popup window that says “Desktop Windows Manager stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.” I uninstalled the Graphics download and the problem stopped. Reinstalled it and the issue is back again. I just got the unit yesterday. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Forgot to mention the rest of my troubleshooting efforts.
- Graphics installed, monitor plugged in = flash and stop working.
- Disconnected monitor from unit and plugged directly into laptop (graphics still installed) = flash and stop working.
- Removed laptop from unit and disconnected monitor from laptop (graphics still installed) = flash and stop working.
- Laptop disconnected from unit and monitor, uninstalled graphics download = no errors.
- Reinstalled graphics download, reconnected laptop to unit, reconnected monitor to unit = Flash and stop working happening again.
So, I’m thinking there’s something in the download that is causing it. But, I’m not a techie person, so I don’t know how to resolve it.
Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know about the issue you are seeing. Could you please run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here:http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and send us the .zip generated by it on the desktop as an attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread.
This will give us a better insight to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the next steps to resolve the issue.