Best dock for ASUS Chromebook C434T driving 2 Dell 27" external monitors

I have an ASUS Chromebook C434T. What are my options for a docking station to drive 2 Dell 27" S2719HS external monitors?

Thank you
John

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am happy to help!

Due to regressions in the open source network driver used with our USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Stations and USB-C Triple Display Docking Stations we do not recommend these for use with ChromeOS or Linux based computers at this time.

Our USB-C Single Display Docking Stations are not affected by this driver bug and can be used with the system to support one external display, in conjunction with a second USB-C graphics adapter the Chromebook should be able to support both of the Dell 27-inch displays. While I have not tested this specific model Chromebook, most Chromebooks with Intel processors are capable of supporting two external displays connected to the USB-C ports.

For example, our USB Type-C Docking Station with Power Delivery ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-ca1a/ ) may be a good starting point. This docking station supports one external HDMI display up to 4K resolution at 30Hz refresh rate ( up to 2K resolution at 60Hz refresh rate ). Additionally, this docking station has two USB 2.0 ports ideal for mouse and keyboard, three USB 3.0 ports, gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm stereo headphone output, and 3.5mm microphone input. This docking station can also replace the ASUS USB-C power supply and will both charge the battery and power the computer. The second display can be connected to the Chromebook’s second USB-C port with a USB-C to HDMI Adapter Cable ( https://plugable.com/products/usbc-hdmi-cable ).

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Thanks Pat. I ordered as you suggested.

Hi John,

Thank you!

I will go ahead and mark this thread as closed, if you have any additional questions, or if there is anything else I can help with please feel free to create a new thread or contact our support email directly at ‘support@plugable.com’ and I will be happy to help!

Have a great day!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com