BCM920702 adapter does not work with the BT receiver in a Panasonic SC-PM250 Micro Stereo System

I purchased the BCM920702 BT adapter to connect to my laptop PC so that I could stream music from it to the speakers connected to my Panasonic SC-PM250 Micro Stereo system.

When I run the Windows 7 add new BT device application with the SC-PM250 in Bluetooth pairing mode/ready mode, Windows discovers the SC-PM250 as a valid BT device and adds it to the list of recognized devices as a BT speaker.

However, when I try to connect the laptop BT adapter to the SC-PM250 in order to get a wireless channel to stream music the connection always fails. The PC is only 10 feet away from the Stereo system when this is attempted. Under Settings in the BT Device Control window the Setting section only show two options:
1 - My hands-free device SC-PM250 does not have a display
2 - My hands-free device can display contact and/or call information
<> Do not allow the hands-free device to retrieve and display information

Tried both options. Same result.

Does the BCM920702 actually support streaming from a laptop PC to a BT receiver in a Stereo system?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your question. I’m sorry for the difficulties getting your stereo receiver paired. Since it is a stereo receiver, it shouldn’t even be using the headset profile, but should instead use the A2DP profile.

Please try removing the current pairing in the Bluetooth settings, then restarting the computer and try pairing again.

If this does not work, I suspect there is a problem with the Bluetooth software or drivers. We have a troubleshooting tool that can help find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email address, support@plugable.com and put “For Ticket #130186” in the subject line.

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support

Hi David,

Thank-you for your message. I have been able to resolve the issue since my original post. I uninstalled the adapter driver software that came with the CD and downloaded the driver software from the website and installed that. Once that was completed, the wireless connection between my PC and the receiver was completed without any issue. It has been working flawlessly since then.

Regards,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting! I’m glad you were able to get it working.

I’m going to close this thread to new submissions, but if you have any other questions or issues, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com.

Regards,

David