Battery drain with MacBook Pro

I have the UD-ULTC4K and I’ve narrowed my problem down to Monday mornings - yes, besides the usual it is probably a function of running my laptop down over the weekend. I have a MacBook M1 Pro and when it has very lowish battery (20% or lower perhaps?) the screens will flicker on and off . . . it connects shows them and then disconnects. This will happen repeatedly, until I plug in my external power cord and then it clears up. This is very odd behavior . . . shouldn’t the unit be capable of powering the laptop regardless of the battery left?

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.

I did want to inquire if this is related to a previous ticket you had submitted to us with a MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) laptop? If not, it would be very helpful if you could provide us with the exact model of MacBook that you are trying to connect this to.

The docking station should be able to provide enough power to run the laptop and keep it charged. However, there. are some MacBook Pro versions that exceed the maximum amount of wattage that the docking station is able to provide.

It would be very helpful if you could prevent us with some information as to the included Apple charger and what its operating wattage is so that we can compare it to the maximum wattage output from the docking station itself.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.