BadAlloc error with certain programs

I’m running an unsupported setup of OpenSUSE 12.1, with two seats configured - one running from an nVidia card and one down a DC-125
I’m astonished how well it works, but there are reproducible problems with a few programs running on the second seat; Inkscape and Gimp for example.
In both these cases the program loads fine, but clicking the menu bar or right clicking in the main window causes an immediate error thus:
The program ‘inkscape’ received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was ‘BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)’.
(Details: serial 7001 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)

Both of these work fine from the first seat, so my question is - who should I report this problem to? Is it Inkscape/Gimp (as most programs work fine), is it X (which seems to be generating the error), or is it the DC-125 environment (in which the error happens)?
Obviously if this is the price I pay for a homebrew DC-125 solution then so be it, but any pointers would be great and I’ll be happy to provide more information if it helps.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Charles.

Hi Charles - Thanks for posting. It’s great to know you’ve gotten a homebrew multiseat running, when formal distro support has struggled.

I’m not sure about cause - the error is pointing at Inkscape, but we have to assume it’s some difference between the two environments, if it’s only happening in one.

One theory that might be testable: Is xorg configured at Depth 16 for both seats? If not, and if it can be, does that make it possible to recreate the xorg BadAlloc error on both?

If not, would you be willing to mention your distro/kernel/xorg versions, and post the xorg.conf and other customizations you’ve done to something like pastebin.com?

Best wishes,
Bernie