Ax 88179 USB 3.0 to HP Compaq DC7900 = No Link lights at all not functioning

Ax 88179 USB 3.0 to HP Compaq DC7900 does see the adapter, in Device Manager om windows 7 Ultimate however NO LINK lights at all no functionality…

oh forgot to mention, we are trying to bypass on board NIC as it too is malfunctioning

Hello Bhima,

Thank you for your message.

I’m sorry to hear about the problems getting a Plugable AX88179-based network adapter working well in Windows 7. I would like to help.

Since both the built-in NIC and the AX88179-based NIC are having issues connecting to the network, I would strongly recommend trying alternate cables and network ports to connect your system to the network to start with.

If that does not seem to help, could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once you get the file, please send it to support@plugable.com along with your Amazon Order ID for the adapter, and use the subject line “For Ticket #196805”.

I look forward to hearing back so that I may better assist.

Thanks!

Andy
Plugable Support