Auto installation for Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub

Hi, I just got the Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub and the “auto installation” does not happen. I have tried reconnecting the Hub to my computer several times. It works as a USB Hub but when I pull it up in the directory it appears as " a corrupt drive" which I am assuming is because the auto installation is not initiating. Please help! Thanks! Sonya

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for posting! We’ll be able to help.

USB Hubs themselves don’t appear as a drive. They’re automatically enumerated by Windows without any pop-ups.

It’s only the devices that you plug into the hub that are then visible and will pop up in Windows.

It’s likely the message you’re seeing is from a USB flash drive or USB hard disk that is plugged into the system somewhere (possibly the hub, if you’ve started plugging devices into it).

I’d find that external drive, remove it for now, and just confirm that other USB devices work fine through the hub (for example, USB keyboards and mice).

Once we’ve confirmed everything is working as expected with the hub, you can then track down what’s happening with the external drive. Usually letting Windows scan and fix any errors on the drive will be the next step – it’s easy and usually ends up reporting no errors found.

And definitely let us know if no USB devices are working through the hub. If you have any trouble with any of this, feel free to reply back here or email support@plugable.com – we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for your patience!
Bernie