Audio skipping on UD-3900 on Windows 10

Can’t listen to any music through the dock, because every 10-20 seconds there’s an annoying skip. This is consistent all the time. It happens with soundcloud in browser, and with winamp app, so I assume all audio skips. Other than the occasional skip, the audio sounds fine. I had the older usb 3.0 dock, and that skipped the same way. The left channel of the audio also died on that recently. Pretty bad all around. Audio works fine if I plug into my sound card directly, rather than the dock.

Audio works fine on mac, but not Windows.

Is there any firmware or driver or setting I could try?

Hello and thank you for posting!

I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

The behavior you describe is certainly not expected, so our next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to your system send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 299924’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

** Please also include the Amazon Order ID number for the UD-3900 purchase in your direct email **

** Please do not post the PlugDebug file or the Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob

Plugable Technologies

Sorry for the delay. Haven’t had time, but will get back to this.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.