Audio Problems when connecting 2 displays

Hello,
I have a question about my dockstation UD-3900.
I have both DVI and HDMI cables connected to 2 different displays.
When I connect the speakers cable to the dockstation the computer sounds go through only the speakers and not through the TV (connected by HDMI), when I disconnect the speakers cable the audio goes to TV. How can I solve the problem by connecting the speakers cable and choosing the audio output in the PC settings like it was without the dockstation.
Thanks alot,
Guy.

Hi Guy,

Thanks for contacting us! Windows allows the audio to play only through the default audio playback device. If you configure the Laptop speakers to be the default audio playback device when the system is connected to the dock, then the audio will flow through that even when the system is docked. Here is how to configure the settings on Windows:

1. Click on Windows logo key+X and then Control panel

2. Select ‘Hardware and Sound’

3. Click on ‘Sound’. This will bring up the list of available audio devices.

4. This is the place where you can select the audio output (e.g. your laptop’s built-in audio or USB Audio) and click “Set Default” to make it the default for sound output. Windows will persist this setting.

Once you change the default audio output device to the laptop’s built-in audio and plug in the speakers, the audio should play through it.

If you need any additional information, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze