Audio not working through UD-CA1A dock station.

My HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx is connected to the Plugable UD-CA1A (both of which are a week old) and things worked great. Just yesterday, the audio stopped delivering through the dock to the HP display speakers. Same thing when connected to a TV screen and when using different HDMI cables. The laptop sees these devices as having audio capabilities but the audio won’t work. When I plug headphones into the dock, audio works. I’m fairly certain that this must be an issue with the HDMI port on the dock itself but I would like to try other options before assuming the worst.

Hello Ethan,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support about this issue. I’d be happy to assist.

If you haven’t already done so, fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and USB-C cable to the host computer. Wait about 30-60 seconds, then reconnect the power cable first, USB-C host cable next, and USB devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this issue.

If not, we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Thanks,
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies