Audio fails to play through headphones connected to plugable usb 3.0 docking station

Audio does not play through headphones connected to plugable usb 3.0 docking station. Plugable audio is listed as default communication device (WIN8.1), but audio plays through laptop speakers when headphones connected to either plugable device or laptop itself.

Hi Cat,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the audio isn’t working as expected when using the dock. I’d be happy to help.

I know you said that the Plugable Audio device is the default, but in some instances Windows will mark the Plugable Audio as the default Communications device rather than the default audio device. Can you check the settings one more time using this video I made as a guide? –> https://youtu.be/6iUQxuN2AXw

Let us know the results when you have a moment and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Bingo, it was set to default communications device. Changed to default device as per video and now it works just fine. Thank you.

Hi Cat,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know the results, I’m glad it is working properly now. I wish Microsoft would make the color of those icons different so it would be easier to tell the difference :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Bob