Asks to update OEM drivers

I just purchased the UGA-125. I am using with vista 64 bit. Windows did not recognize the device so I tried loading the driver from the CD rom. I get a box that says I need to update the OEM drivers for my graphics card.

Can you tell me how to do this? The graphics card I have is the original that came with the system.

Hi RJ,

Thanks for contacting us! Yes, DisplayLink’s drivers require that the native WDDM drivers be running on your main graphics controller (because they integrate with and use your main graphics controller for rendering on Vista and Windows 7).

So let’s figure out why that’s not already the case on your system.

Could you gather two pieces of info to post here?

* Run WIndows’ msinfo32 program and select System Summary->Components->Display and copy/paste that info it returns here
* And also post the laptop make and model

From that, we should be able to figure out what GPU and driver version you have, so we know whether your main GPU can be upgraded to run a native WDDM driver.

Thanks for you patience!
Bernie

Thank you for your quick reply.
It’s an HP desktop pavilion P6101f with windows vista 64.
Here is the info from msinfo32.

Name NVIDIA GeForce 9100
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0847&SUBSYS_2A81103C&REV_A2\4&191777ED&0&0058
Adapter Type GeForce 9100, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 9100
Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
Installed Drivers nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2um
Driver Version 7.15.11.8214
INF File oem65.inf (nv4_C77 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries Not Available
Resolution Not Available
Bits/Pixel Not Available
Memory Address 0xFD000000-0xFEAFFFFF
Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xE6000000-0xEFFFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000EC00-0x0000EC7F
IRQ Channel IRQ 7
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys (7.15.11.8214, 9.48 MB (9,938,592 bytes), 6/2/2009 3:49 PM)

Name LogMeIn Mirror Driver
PNP Device ID ROOT\DISPLAY\0000
Adapter Type Not Available, LogMeIn, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description LogMeIn Mirror Driver
Adapter RAM Not Available
Installed Drivers Not Available
Driver Version 2.50.596
INF File lmimirr.inf (lmimirr section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries Not Available
Resolution Not Available
Bits/Pixel Not Available
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\lmimirr.sys (2.50.0.596, 11.28 KB (11,552 bytes), 8/11/2008 12:40 PM)

It worked!. Just another quick question. After my computer comes out of hibernate, the default seems to be MIRROR mode not stay in EXTEND mode. Can you tell me how I can set the default to stay in EXTEND mode so I don’t have to keep changing it back?

Thank you.

Great! Glad to have you up and running!

On mirror/extend: Windows 7 will remember your last setting, but it ties them to a specific monitor. If Windows seems to be forgetting, it may be because it’s not able to read monitor model & serial # (from EDID) to save settings.

You can verify if this might be happening by looking in the Windows “Screen Resolution” control panel, and see if it’s listing a specific make & model for your monitor, or if it lists a generic monitor name.

If this is it, switching to digital DVI (white) cable won’t have this problem, also a shorter VGA cable can help.

If it’s not, let us know - may be something else. As a suggestion, on Win 7 the Windows-P hotkey combination pops up a quick menu that makes switching between mirror/extend very fast and easy.

Hope that helps. Thanks again!
Bernie

Hi RJ,

It’s great that it’s a desktop, because that makes it more likely that you’ll be able to get updated drivers directly from nVidia (on laptops, the makers often restrict the ability for nVidia’s standard/generic drivers to work).

To do that, can you go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index… and select Option 2 “Automatically find drivers for my nVidia products”.

Does this offer you an updated driver, and if it does, after installing it and re-trying DisplayLink’s driver install how does it go?

If any problems crop up, we’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks for your patience!
Bernie