ASIX Usb 2.0 Gigabit ethernet adapter not working on Windows 7

I installed the drivers and downloaded the latest drivers per instructions. When I plug in the device literally nothing happens. The lights on the adapter do not come on and windows does not recognize that there is anything new plugged. I tried on 3 different ports and got the same result.

Thank you for contacting us about your USB ethernet adapter. I’m sorry it isn’t working for you.

It looks like you may have a bad adapter. Do you see anything in Device Manager for it, even under Unknown Device?

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support

No it does not show up at all in device manager and there is no new hardware prompt when I plug it in.

Hi Garret,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to send you a replacement adapter. Could you please email to support@plugable.com with your Amazon order number, the serial number from the adapter you have, and your current preferred shipping address?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Hi Garret,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to send you a replacement adapter. Could you please email to support@plugable.com with your Amazon order number, the serial number from the adapter you have, and your current preferred shipping address?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support