Application Window visible on 2 Monitors

Putting this in General as I do not think it is device specific but rather a settings issue

I am using a MacBook Air 2022 (M2) running 13.2 and a Plugable Dock (UD-6950PDZ) using DisplayLink as well

Is it possible to have an application window across 2 monitors - I have a 2 monitor setup and like to keep my video call applications (Zoom) in the middle of the 2 monitors - basically half on each monitor. Currently if you slide a window from one monitor to the other it shows it as sort of a “ghost” image on the other monitor while you are moving it and cuts off the portion of the window once you release it.

I would like to see half the window on each monitor - When I use a windows based machine this is the default viewing option.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us, I am happy to help!

By default, macOS treats each desktop as a separate “Spaces” and a window can only be assigned to a single space. There is a setting to allow macOS to treat all displays as a single space which should allow windows to span across multiple displays.

For macOS 13:

1. Open the Apple Menu > System Settings
  2. Select “Desktop & Dock” on the left
  3. On the right side scroll down and toggle off the “Displays have separate Spaces” option
  4. Log out and log back in, or reboot the computer for the changes to take effect

For macOS up to and including version 12:

1. Open the Apple Menu > System Preferences
  2. Select “Mission Control”
  3. Uncheck the box “Displays have separate Spaces”
  4. Log out and log back in, or reboot the computer for the changes to take effect

Please let me know if this helps to get the window behavior working as expected, or if there is anything else we can do to help, and have a great day!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com