Application data does nto appear in either window (old computer & new computer) in method 1 (Synch files)

I am using the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software and am trying to synchronize the local folders of my Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail. I have a series of local folders which I have added and which were not copied from my old computer (Windows XP) to my new computer (Windows 7 Pro), when I used Method 2. So now I am using Method 1, to synchronize the data in the “profiles” folder of XP to Windows 7. I have carefully followed the directions, selecting “Add Folder” and then selecting “Show Protected Folders,” but the “Application Data” file under my user name, which contains the “Thunderbird” and “Profiles” folder (the one I need to synchronize) does not appear in the old computer window, and the APPDATA folder containing the Thunderbird > Profiles folder does not appear in the Windows 7 window. What can I do?

We worked with Tom via our email ticketing system on this issue. Pasting the relevant technical information below for those who may encounter this thread while researching an issue:

I don’t believe system folders and folders (such as “Application Data”) can be automatically synchronized, presumably due to the substantial risk of programs on the new system not working after such a process, as well as the large amount of “clutter” that would be introduced to a new operating system by syncing these folders.

Rather than synchronizing the “Application Data” folder, a couple of suggested methods to accomplish a Thunderbird migrations:

-I’ve had positive customer feedback about a program called “MozBackup” that is designed to migrate Thunderbird profile data between machines:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

-Alternatively, if you do wish to do things manually with the Bravura software, it should be possible by using the “Drag and Drop Files” transfer method. Once you’re inside the “Simple File Transfer” window that opens, you can check the “Show System Folders” and “Show Hidden Files” check-boxes which should allow you to access the “Application Data” folder that contains the information you’re looking for.

However, the “MozBackup” method is likely to be *much* more straightforward for most users!