AppleTV Video Playback Error with Plugable USB-C 3x HDMI/DP

My 2021 MacBook Pro has been giving me playback error messages when trying to watch downloaded movies in AppleTV. I understand that that dock can cause this issue with iOS specifically but I still get the error even when it’s not connected to the dock. I’ve also tried disconnecting and ensuring that the DisplayLink Manager app is closed but I’m still having the issue. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

It is a known issue where DisplayLink USB graphics based devices (like this dock) will cause HDCP (copyright protected) content to not be able to function, but it is not expected for the problem to happen when the dock is not attached to the system: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/830301-content-protected-video-does-not-play-on-mac-while

Are you able to attach a screenshot of the error you’re getting when trying to watch content via AppleTV? I’d be happy to investigate it for you and hopefully offer some suggestions.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.