Anker Webcam Not Recognized

I have a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip and the UD-ULTC4K dock. I recently purchased an Anker PowerConf C300 webcam and it will not work when connected to any of the USB-A or USB-C ports on the dock. It does however work fine when connected directly to the computer. I need to use the dock for the webcam as the M1 has a limited number of ports.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Apple macOS may not be setting the webcamera as the default device, we can check to see if the individual functions are detected in macOS’s System Preferences by performing the following:

1. With the web camera disconnected from the docking station
  2. Open the Apple Menu > System Preferences
  3. Select “Sound” then the “Input” tab, please note the name and number of detected devices
  4. Connect the web camera to the docking station with the cable provided by Anker
  5. Check for any new devices in the input list, select the new device if detected, this should be the Anker webcamer’s built-in microphone
  6. Camera selection is on a per-application basis, for example if you are using Apple Photobooth there should be a “Camera” drop down menu listing the available cameras, each application will have this in a different location.

Are other USB devices connected to the docking station not detecting, or is it only this USB web camera?

Some users have reported that with macOS 11.1 and later updates inatlled, our UD-ULTC4K USB-C Triple 4K Display Docking Station may not be correctly detected by Apple’s M1 based computers on restart or when powered on after being turned off. This affects the UD-ULTC4K docking station and connected USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices, including the two DisplayPort outputs controlled by the DisplayLink USB Graphics chipset, the HDMI 4K output and connected display will most likely be functional after reboot.

Until Apple issues an update that resolves this detection issue we recommend unplugging the docking station from the computer, then reconnecting it after macOS has completed loading. If the suggested unplug/reconnect of the dock does not help, power off the M1 system for 60-90 seconds and try connecting the dock again after logging back in. We are hopeful this will be resolved by an update to macOS but do not have a timeline for such a resolution. As of macOS 11.5.1 this issue is still present.

Please try connecting the web camera to the docking station, then unplugging the docking station from the computer, waiting about 10-15 seconds, and reconnecting the docking station to the computer.

Please let me know if either of the above help to get the web camera working, and if not we can go from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable
support@plugable.com

Pat,

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. Unfortunately they did not resolve the issue.

The web cam is the only usb accessory attached to the dock.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for trying both the reset and checking for the microphone.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information from your system to see how the docking station and camera are being detected by macOS.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with the web camera connected to the docking station (even though it is not working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #UD-ULTC4K - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.