Android TV sleep mode wrecks USB2-E1000 connectivity

First to the problem:

I’ve connect a Plugable USB2-E1000 to an android tv in an attempt to make a simple and inexpensive receiver for a pair of network tuners. The E1000 was attractive to me because it matches with the mibox’s USB2 port while still being able to eke out a bit more push than the typical 10/100 adapters. The solution comes near to working perfectly.

MiBox S Android TV
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Xiaomi-Box-Streaming-International/dp/B075QD7HRW/

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime
https://www.amazon.com/SiliconDust-HDHomeRun-PRIME-Cable-3-Tuner/dp/B004HKIB6E/

The E1000 connected flawless without any pleading from me. The snag, though: It does not reconnect in a timely fashion (or at all, really) after the mibox is woken from sleep. I’ve tested it thoroughly and sought several workarounds, but in the end, my $7 AmazonBasics USB 2.0 - 10/100Mbps adapter is getting the job done.

I really have no expectation that the E1000 should have behaved in a way beneficial to me in this circumstance, so don’t register any complaint from my posting above. Even though I would certainly like it to work here, it’s easy to resign myself to that impossibility when a practical solution is already in hand. Discobot will be sad to learn that groovy case is not currently on display.

Nonetheless, if the design team intersects with this forum at any point, perhaps it can be put into a to do for the USB2-E1001?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Glad to see that ultimately you’ve gotten good use out of our USB 2.0 adapter! I am sorry to see that it takes more time than desirable to make a connection after the MiBox returns from sleep. To clarify, we have not tested this adapter with the MiBox, and can’t provide direct comment on its operation.

May I ask, do you have to reset the entire device to make a connection, or can the connection be made by unplugging the adapter, and then plugging it back in? Even if that worked, I understand that this would be inconvenient.

I will pass this feedback on, but unfortunately can’t provide a guarantee that this issue will be addressed if and when revisions are made. Ultimately, we want you to be happy with our product. If the adapter isn’t meeting your need, I could provide a refund. Please let me know what you would like to do!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

Just to clarify: I am not using the E1000 at this point, because of this issue. That’s not a problem for me, as I have a different usb adapter that works well. Although I do not hold you at fault, I have not “gotten good use out of [your] USB 2.0 adapter” yet.

It will eventually reconnect if I unplug the E1000 from the mibox, and plug it back in. It’s just easier (and quicker) to use the remote to restart the mibox.

As for a refund, that’s not necessary. The combo of USB2 and Gigabit is sort of an oddity, and I’m into odd. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! Apologies for my interpretation of your message about the use of the adapter. I do hope that you will find a use for it. I definitely understand how this would be time consuming, and inconvenient. Please let me know if you change your mind. Feel free to reach out to us directly at: support@plugable.com with your Amazon order number for further support. Have a great rest of the week!

Thank you,

Kevin

Product Owner
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.