Just received my USB3 to HDMI 2k adapter today, and started with a clean Windows 7 install. Installed all my drivers and the display worked perfectly. Started windows update, and after one of the updates, the USB display will only show black. The adapter is detected, and the monitor turns on, but won’t show anything other than black. !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1403626/screenshot.2016-04-22(1)_inline.png?1461358953)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1403626/screenshot.2016-04-22(1).png?1461358953)
After a windows update, USB3 to HDMI display only shows black screen.
Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our adapter is not longer working after running Windows Update and I will be happy to help!
Thank you for your description and attaching a screenshot of your Display Settings. Based on your description we will want to reinstall the DisplayLink drivers and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the spftware that runs our adapter in a good state. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If these steps help, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. When the utility completes it will notify you a file has been created and provide our direct email support address to send the file (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send the file to that address with ‘Ticket 140239’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. ** Files cannot be transferred over our support forum so we will have to keep additional communication limited to email **