display.

Everything seems to be working well, except that
one monitor is not allowing me to adjust resolution
from 1280x1024 to 1366x768. . ?

Please advise if there is a way to resolve this, as it
seems to be only issue. The monitors are showing
different font and graphic sizes.

*Forgot to add this is on a windows 7 dell vostro
laptop with business edition of windows installed.

Hi Nishal,

Thanks for posting! Some quick questions to understand your setup and the issue better -:

1. Is the monitor connected through the Plugable UGA-125 set to the resolution of 1280x1024 ?

2. I am assuming that one monitor is connected through the inbuilt video output port of the Laptop. Is my assumption correct? If yes, which mode is it in (extend or duplicate) and what is the resolution show by the Windows 7 Screen Resolution control panel for this monitor?

3. In the Windows 7 Screen Resolution control panel do you see any common resolutions for both monitors?

Once you post back with this information we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience while we figure this out!

Regards,
Roze

Hello,

1. Yes.

2. Correct, one monitor is connected through Plugable UGA-125 device, while the other is is using video out port on laptop. Currently in Extend mode. For monitor connected direct through laptop, it shows screen resolution of 1366x768 (which is correct for size of monitor). For monitor connected through Plugable UGA-125, it shows screen resolution option of 1280x720 as maximum resolution option.

3. The common resolution for both would be 1280x720 (but this isn’t right resolution for monitor dimensions).

Thank you.

Hi Nishal,

Thanks for the info! The tech specs of the Dell S2309W shows the native resolution of the monitor to be 1920x1080.

You are unable to set that resolution for the monitor connected through the Plugable UGA-125 because it does not support that resolution. The highest resolution supported by the Plugable UGA-125 is 1280 x 1024.

Does the Windows Screen Resolution Control Panel allow you to set the resolution of the monitor connected through the inbuilt Video out port to 1920 x 1080?

Could you check and post back so that we can figure out the options to get both monitors to the same resolutions?

Regards,
Roze

Hi Roze,

Got it on monitor compatibility.

Yes, laptops resolution setting for direct connected monitor allows setting of 1920x1080, 1600x900, 1366x768.

Thanks.

Hi Nishal,

There are only two options if you want both the monitors to have the same resolution -:

1. Set the common resolution of 1280 x 720 on both monitors which is not the best resolution for the monitors

or

1. Return the Plugable UGA-125 for a full refund via Amazon Returns and instead order the Plugable UGA-2K-A which is capable of supporting the native resolution of 1920x1080.

I would recommend the second option since you are also able set the native resolution of the monitor to 1920x1080 for the directly connected monitor and that resolution is more pleasing to the eye than the much lower resolution of 1280x720.

Although we are currently out of stock for the Plugable UGA-2K-A, a consignment with thousands of units are in transit and should reach Amazon by the end of the this week. It would be available for sale by early next week for sure.

Hope the above information is helpful! If you need any help or information regarding any of our products, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Thanks!

Regards,
Roze

Thank you for the details and assistance. i’ll check the other model out.