Adapter worked for about a week then just crapped out.

Hi I gave recently purchased a Plugable UGA-2K-A USB adapter. I currently have two 23inch Acer monitors and have a macbook air. Upon delivery I made sure to update drivers for Mac and plugged in my second monitor using this adapter. It worked until about a week. I returned home and the adapter unit didn’t show the green active light and the screen was blank because it was not receiving the signal. I tried isolating the problem by 1 swaping dvi cables, 2) swapping monitors, I even swapped to my other macbook pro which i also confirmed ti work upon delivery 3) swapped cables for usb to mini usb. I restarted laptops, re-installed drivers to no avail. Can some please help advise? My amazon order number: 104-9887867-4111443 the serial number: 5405001200406. It looks to be defective or maybe something has burned out.
Regards,
Charles

For the benefit of anyone who is interested-:

The Plugable UGA-2K-A unit had failed and we sent out a replacement for the same.

Please shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products and we will take care of the issue. We are here to help!