Active DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 adapter problem

I have just purchased one of your Active DP to HDMI 2.0 adapters but I am having issues. I am running an ASUS Duel-RTX2080Ti-O11G graphics card on an ASUS ROG Strix Z270F motherboard with an Intel i7-6700K cpu and 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have your adaptor plugged in running a Braided Premium HDMI v2.0 Gold High Speed HDTV Ultra HD 4K 2160p 3D cable into an LG model 43UF640V-ZA TV which supports 3840x2160 UHD @60Hz. When I plug your adapter into the TV, the image drops “in and out” every 1 to 2 seconds after a period of about 20 seconds of stable image (picture to black screen). I have tried 2 other HS HDMI 2.0 cables and tried it in all 3 DP outputs with identical results. Do I have a comparability issue or possibly a faulty adapter?

Hello, thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear of this issue. We do not yet have experience using our adapters with the new RTX cards, so curious what we may find.

Based off of your description it sounds like the adapter could be faulty since the same thing occurred on all DP ports and with multiple HDMI cables. The next variables that can be tested in the same vein would be to see if this occurs on a different graphics card or different 4K TV, but understood if that is not possible to test.

Can you confirm that the latest Nvidia drivers are installed? There is not much we can suggest from a software standpoint, but this could be worthwhile updating if the drivers are not up to date.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I can confirm the latest Nvidia drivers are installed. I have an ASUS GTX1080Ti installed in the same machine which is also running the same drivers which were released a few days ago. I will try the adapter in the 1080 tomorrow and forward you the results.

Thanks for the reply and sounds good.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.