Acrobat Reader Large Fonts on 2nd monitor

On large monitor connected to laptop through Plugable Dual Monitor Docking Station, Acrobat Reader shows with extremely large fonts - cannot fix

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be happy to assist!

Just to make sure I have all of the right information, and we can start to focus our troubleshooting, does the font issue occur in any other application? Are the resolutions for the displays (the internal and the external) matching, or does one have a higher resolution then the other?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks, Marc,
Acrobat Reader and also if i want to attach something to an outgoing email in Outlook, the screen that comes up to enable the attachment similarly has the very large font. But this only occurs in the external, large screen with a lower resolution. Everything else on that screen looks fine.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for this additional information! When you are attaching an item, is this directly inside of outlook, or are you attaching it through a plugin inside of Acrobat Reader, and those are the two occasions in which the text and font is larger?

Also, do you have a Windows 10 based system, or a Windows 7 based system? If it is a Windows 10 Based system, inside of Display Settings, under the “Change size of text, apps, and other items” label, there is a drop down box. When you select the external monitor the issue is occurring on, what percentage is it set to? 100%, 125% etc?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

I have a Windows 10 based system. Monitor #1 is the Laptop and is set at 250% and Monitor #2 is the large free-standing monitor and is set at 100%. But it is only the two particular things that are off. When I am attaching an item, it is within Outlook. When I want to attach something I hit the paperclip sign and the menu that then pops up to find the item is the thing with the giant fonts - but only when I have both monitors connected and with the large external monitor. For Acrobat Reader, the menus are large but if a call up a PDF within Acrobat Reader, the PDF fonts are fine. it is just the menus that are large.
Thanks for persisting with this for me.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for clarifying. This particular issue is associated with the Acrobat Reader application, and is not caused by a fault or software issue associated with the docking station or the connected display. It is also a known issue by adobe, and they have attempted to resolve the issue in their 11.0.14v update. If you take a look at this forum thread (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1474662) does this issue look similar to your own? Have you updated Adobe Acrobat recently?

Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks, Marc,

I recently had updated Acrobat reader but I will check if I have this most recent version - V11.0.14 - referenced in that thread. But I also get this when I am in Outlook and trying to attach a file - but only with the large external monitor.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for letting me know, if the issue is still occurring with an update version of Acrobat, then we may be dealing with a resolution setting, or configuration issue with the specific display you are utilizing.

Please let me know if it is currently on that version, and you are still experiencing the issue. Also, if it is possible, could you send over a picture of the behavior on the external monitor, and then email it to support@plugable.com with “Ticket No. 187440”

Marc
www.plugable.com/support

It seems to be working better now. We’ll see how it goes.

Thank you for following up.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Fantastic! I am glad that you were able to alleviate the issue! Please let us know if you experience any other issues in the future, and we would be happy to help! Next time, it may help resolve the issue a little faster if you can reach out support department at support@plugable.com

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Mark Molitch,

I seem to be having the same problem as you. Can you share what you did that fixed it? Thanks.

Hi Brendan,

The Acrobat Reader thing is variable. Sometimes it works with normal fonts and other times with huge fonts and I don’t know what does it. The issue I had with attachments to Outlook causing large fonts also is variable and parallels when it happens with Acrobat Reader. I had thought it had all gone away but just now it is back to large fonts again.

Mark

By the way, my Plugable died

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for getting back to us, I am sorry to hear about your Plugable failing.

If you could, would it be possible to email us directly at support@plugable.com, just so that we can work through seeing if the issue can be resolved!

Marc
www.plugable.com/support

It’s been a while but I believe updating my version of Adobe Acrobat fixed this issue for me.

Hi Brendan,

That is fantastic! I am glad that you were able to update Adobe, and have the issue resolved.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at support@plugable.com

Marc
www.plugable.com/support