Acer Chromebook - UD-CA1 - Monitor display goes on and off

Trying to use the UD-CA1 with an Acer Chromebook 14 for Work. I have an HP Pavilion 27xi Monitor connected to the UD-CA1 via a good HDMI cable. The issue is the display on the monitor is randomly going on and off, as if its losing signal. Running the latest version of Chrome OS 55.0.2883.105 (64-bit). Any suggestions?

Hi Glenn, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that our dock is not working as expected with your Acer Chromebook 14 and I will be happy to help!

Unfortunately, we do not have the Acer Chromebook 14 in our labs to test with and recreate the issue. It appears that there was a Chrome OS update very recently to version 56.0.2924.87 (https://chromereleases.googleblog.com…). Would you be able to update to the most recent Stable version of Chrome OS to see if the behavior is any different?

Pending that information, we will want to send you a pre-tested replacement dock to make sure that the hardware is working properly. Whenever you have a moment, please just reach out to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 172225’ in the subject line with your Amazon Order ID, the serial number from the bottom of the dock, and your preferred shipping address to send the replacement. We will then be able to match everything up and proceed accordingly.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support