About the USBC-6950UE category

Plugable 4K DisplayPort and HDMI Dual Monitor Adapter with Ethernet for USB 3.0 and USB-C

https://plugable.com/products/usbc-6950ue/

Hello,
how can I operate the USBC-6950UE without having administrator rights on my laptop (Dell Latitude 7400)?

I have 3 other monitors off the laptop, and this adapter was getting me a 4th (and hopefully 5th) monitor.
I plugged it in and the monitor fired right up, extending my desktop to a 4th unique display. Glorious; true to the name “plugable”.

But then that monitor went blank after 8 hrs. I unplugged and re-plugged the USBC-6950UE adapter and the monitor, and turned the monitor off/on, but no joy.

I still have 3 other monitors working (from the laptop itself), so I’ll keep working for now and try rebooting the laptop after work.

Has anyone else seen this problem?
Any suggestions?

I love the idea of the product, so I’d hate to have to return it as defective.

Hello Lou,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. We would like to take a closer look at your system to better help assist but require some additional information. Instead of posting that information here, could you please contact us directly via email? To do this, please email us at support@plugable.com. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case 352443 which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Apologies for the extra steps in the process, and we thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Best regards,

Michael S.