6" Mackbook pro two monitors blinks

I have Thunderbolt 3 docking station (with power) connected to a 16" Mackbook pro laptop. My two 2K monitors, which are connected to it via HDMI, keep blinking from time to time. The reduce refresh rate automatically reduces to below 60Hz.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Do both of the HDMI attached monitors blink at the same time, or is it intermittent between both of them?

Is this a recent issue and the dock had been working fine for some time, or has this been a problem you’ve been encountering since purchasing the dock?

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please mention ticket “354245” in the subject line when emailing us the results. Do not attach them here.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response.

When I connect the Macbook pro to the dock one monitor will do the flash. If I unplug and reconnect, it might change monitors. Most of the time it is the monitor plugged into the HDMI-2 port.

It has been doing this since I bough the second monitor, I have emailed the bug report.

You’re most welcome! Thanks for the information, and for the diagnostics - I’ve replied to your email directly.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your response. I never received the replies email.

No problem! I’m sorry to hear it hasn’t arrived. The email was sent today at 1:50 pm‬. Be sure to check your “Spam” folder. The subject line should be titled “Re: Bug report results - Ticket number 354245”.

If you’ve still not received it please let me know.

Best,
Josh

Dear Joshua,

Just sending this email to confirm my email address.

Regards ,

Nick Florent

Hi Josh,

Do you mind re-sending it. It was not in the Junk folder.

The las email I received was the auto reply when the ticket was raised. I just replied to that email to confirm my email address.

I do not mind at all, I’ve just resent it (and I did also receive your most recent email).

Thanks, I received that email. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.