4k Samsung UN70KU630F Will not display a picture using HDMI Port from UD-3900

Hello and thanks in advance for your help.
-I have a Surface Pro4 64 bit.
-I have three Samsung Monitor that are connect to the UD3900
-Monitor 1 connects with a DVI to the DVI port
-Monitor 2 and 3 use the Arkview USB 1612 to connect DVI to USB to the port

Everything works fine but as I just bought the 4k Samsung and plugged it into the UD 3900 and can get no picture. Using an older samsun TV everything works fine.

I have done the clean uninstall and reinstall that you have recommended in other posts. I am at a lost. The TV simply says no source detect. Yes I have also tried with another HDMI cable that does not help.

Thanks again

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station.

Thanks for the great detail you provided and the testing you have already performed, that helps me a lot. Since testing the HDMI output of the dock with the older Samsung TV works as expected, we know that the dock’s HDMI output is working properly and to focus on the new Samsung TV.

Two quick things to check first…I know you mentioned you tried different HDMI cables, but have you tried each of the different HDMI inputs on the TV to see if the results are different?

If changing which HDMI input is in use helps, great! If not, the other thing to check is that the latest firmware for the TV itself is installed. Looking at Samsung’s website they appear to have posted a recent update for your model. If you apply the latest update does that help?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for such a quick response.

• I tried all the HDMI connections and there was no change
  • This TV has a wireless connection to my network and keeps the firmware up to date. No new Firmware available

Love to get this thing working as I need it for client meetings. Thanks in advance for an additional thoughts.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting back with the update. Given your results, our next step is to get more information from your system.

If you would please keep your Surface connected to the dock and the Samsung TV connected via the dock’s HDMI output (even though it is not working) and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug Please send the file it creates to support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket 148888’ in the subject line to help us match everything up. This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. If you can also include your Amazon Order ID number in your email that would be most helpful (please do not post that publicly)

Thank you for your patience,

Bob