4k HDMI port stopped working after months

Hi Guys,

For some strange reason my docking station 4k HDMI port has suddenly stopped working. It has taken me a few hours to eliminate all other possibilities, and after plugging it into my other docking station, in my other office which works fine I’ve realised that its this one.

I also read the forum to see if anything would assist, so I’ve tried unplugging and re-plugging in the right order to see if a soft reset would fix but nothing.

Can you help please?

I’m using a HP Spectre X360 running win 10 v1909 which hasn’t had any recent updates to cause this.

I did update my onboard graphics card driver about a week ago so I could run Adobe Premier Pro. But no instant changes, as I’ve been working on this home set up for three or four days straight.It has the intel HD620 graphics card and I’ve uploaded the driver for it direct from intel as the OEM version wasn’t good enough to run premier pro…

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Is the dock in your other office the same model? If so, it may indicate that we’ll just need to replace this dock given you’ve already tried a reset and other troubleshooting steps.

If the other dock is a different model, we may want to grab some diagnostics first just to make sure there’s nothing strange happening from a software perspective.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please mention ticket “326358” when you send the results to us.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your prompt reply, its the exact same model. Would you like me to run the tests?

Kenny

Since you have another of the same model working, I expect this is likely an issue with the specific dock. I’ll reach out to you via email to get some information so we can send a pretested replacement under warranty.

Thanks!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.