4K HDMI Output Port on Triple display docking station not working

My system:

• Dell XPS 15 9560 Laptop (All updates that the dell update utility recommends are installed)
  • 1 42" 4K Central Monitor
  • 2 24" Full HD Monitors
  • Triple Display Dock - I use the included USB cable to connect it to the Thunderbolt port of the laptop.

The first time I connected the three displays to the docking station everything was working fine. The docking station was able to provide the signal to all three displays and power the Laptop.

The next day however it didn’t work anymore. During the day I disconnected the laptop, when I came home I connected it again but the 4K display did not receive any signal. And nothing I tried so far seems to change anything - the 4K port seems to simply not output a signal anymore. Even If I disconnect all displays and connect just one Full HD display to the 4K port it doesn’t output a signal to display. It is not even recognized that a display is connected.

It also doesn’t make a difference if I use the Dell charger for the Laptop instead of power delivery.

Any clues what I can try?

Hello Markus,

Thanks for contacting us about this issue. Sorry for this! I’d be happy to help.

I believe based on your description of the issue we will need to send you a pretested replacement dock under warranty.

Please contact us directly at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID # or other proof of purchase, the serial # off the bottom of the dock, and the best shipping address.

Thank you,
Josh