4K connection to screen does not work

Hello, I have just set up my Triple Display USB-C docking station to my HP ENVY (x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx) laptop and everything works great except that when I connect the HDMI cable from any of my Samsung C24F390 monitors to the 4k port it isn’t detected and nothing is displayed. The VGI and 2k ports both work fine.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this issue?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your monitor attached to the 4K port into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results please mention ticket “332260” in the subject.

Also, please be sure to use the included USB-C to USB-C cable as some third party cables may not properly support the ability to drive the 4K HDMI port.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.