4 monitors and a TV on one PC

Hello,
I came across your company by accident while following a link to a question on the web for something else so I hope I am in the right place.

My problem is getting a tv connected to my PC with 3 monitors in surround and a 4th being used as information outside of gaming. I had triple 27" 1920 X 1080p 60hz monitors thru a 2070Super RTX GPU Two were connected Display Port to Display Port. The center monitor was connected Display Port to HDMI and a powered HDMI splitter which went into the center monitor and the TV so that only the center monitor was seen on the TV. The fourth monitor is using the GPU HDMI. The GPU does not have any VGA or DVI only 3 DP and 1 HDMI.

I have recently upgraded to 32" 2560 X 1440 165hz Triples. This meant I had to upgrade cables to move that much data and refresh rate so I am unable to use my DP to HDMI cable to a splitter because the monitor is after the splitter in the chain and it needs to move the same data/refresh rate as the cables. If I use something in between the PC and the monitor that will then split to a TV, it needs to move 165hz at 100fps minimum. The TV is only 50hz to 60hz so that can be on USB or HDMI. This is a Sim Racing setup and the big TV was for others not in the rig to all see what the driver is seeing without having to stand around the seat.

Sorry for the the long windedness, but I wanted to give as much information as possible and to explain how this is all being used, hopefully to help you help me. So I am hoping you may have a solution for this or maybe it would be simpler to buy a cheap GPU (fat chance for that) for just the TV?
Best Regards;

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support!

Our display devices are mostly optimized for office and productivity usage and we do not recommend using our DisplayLink devices for gaming as they send the display information over USB 3.0 and that can slow down your computer CPU when used with large format displays and gaming.

You would do much better looking for expansions to the computer GPU that will provide the performance that you need.

Thank you,

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.