2nd monitor stopped working after downgrading windows 10 to 8.1

I have been using a Plugable UD-3000 docking station with my Surface Pro 2 on Windows 8.1 for over a year. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the docking station continued to work fine.

Yesterday, I downgraded back to Windows 8.1, and the 2nd monitor is nolonger working. Everything else connected to the docking station is fine. The monitor turns on but says that there is no signal. The monitor works on another computer. Windows Display settings doesn’t show a 2nd monitor, and projecting to a 2nd screen doesn’t work.

It looks like I don’t have the DisplayLink icon on my taskbar anymore, I do have the driver “DisplayLinkU DisplayLinkUsbTo_x64”.

Should I re-install the displaylink drivers?

Thanks,
Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the docking station stopped working after reverting back to Windows 8.1. I’d be happy to help!

The first step is to ensure that the latest version of the DisplayLink driver we recommend for Windows 8.1 is installed properly. We’ll want to clean the current driver from the system and re-install. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 7.8 M0 DisplayLink software, found here –> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Hopefully that gets everything working properly again. Please let us know the results when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks, all working again!

Hi Stan,

Thanks for getting back with the update. I’m glad everything is working properly now. Please let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thank you,

Bob