2nd monitor has distorted display - not showing full screen.

I just purchased theUD-3900 with a new purchase of a 15" Dell laptop. I’m want my HP monitor to be my 2nd display. However, the display on the 2nd monitor is distorted - squished together on the sides. Windows 10 screen resolution shows 1600 x 900. I’ve downloaded all the recent pluggable drivers and rebooted a few times. The 2nd monitor is connected to the pluggable docking station via VGA to DVI adapter. I’ve used this monitor for years without any issues. Any solutions on how to fix this? I might have to return it if I can’t figure it out

Hello,

Thanks for posting. I would be happy to help with your docking station!

Based on your description of having the monitor connected with a VGA cable and how the image is distorted the monitor itself may need to be adjusted. You don’t mention which specific model HP monitor you have, but most have an option available in the on-screen menu called ‘Auto Adjust’ or something similar. This option is usually only available for VGA connected displays. If you check through the menu settings and use that option does that help?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hey Bob, thanks for the reply. I tried the auto-adjustment to no avail. I have an HP S2031.

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for getting back. Looking at the manual for your monitor, it also appears that it has a DVI input. If available, can you try using a DVI cable to see if the behavior is different? Would you also happen to have a different VGA cable to test with to rule that out as the source?

Pending those results, there also appears to be settings to change the image called Image control as well as vertical and horizontal adjustment (shown on page 8 of the manual here -> http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/… ) Can you try using those options to see if that helps?

Let us know the results of switching cables or adjusting the other settings when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob

The DVI cable fixed the issue. Must have been the VGA-DVI adapter, because I used that VGA cable for years. Thanks for the help!

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for getting back with the update. I’m glad everything is working properly with the DVI cable.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thank you,

Bob