2nd external monitor won't stay lit with new laptop

Hello. I have two external monitors (both Samsung F27T350FHNXZA) attached to a Dell Latitude 7380 via a TBT3-UDZ dock. This works well.
I recently got a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 10. When I plug it into the TBT3-UDZ, it recognizes both external monitors for a short time (~1 minute), but then one of them goes black and will not stay ‘lit’. They are both still being recognized as displays, but one is just black. If I switch the cables around, the problem moves to the other monitor.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the TBT3-UDZ isn’t working as expected with your new Lenovo laptop, and I’ll be happy to assist.

It’s unusual for the both displays to work and have only one cut out after a short time. Based on your description of the behavior this may be related to the display configuration within Windows, it could be a driver issue on the Lenovo computer, or potentially even something outside of either of these. Our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) with “For ticket # 417670” in the subject line? In the email, please include the following information:

1. The Order ID number for your docking station purchase. If it’s from Amazon you can find this at www.amazon.com/orders

2. A set of log files from your system, collected with the TBT3-UDZ and both displays connected (even if it is not working as expected). We have a tool that automates this process, which can be downloaded from: plugable.com/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.