Thanks for contacting Plugable support! I’m sorry to hear about this display issue through your Plugable docking station, but I’d be happy to help!
Based on your report, the first step we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by removing any DisplayLink applications and reinstalling the DisplayLink software. To do so, please follow these steps:
****Please ensure that the Plugable provided USB-C cable is being used to connect the dock to the system. **
1) Disconnect the dock from the system, and please remove the power cable from the dock, so it turns off completely (this is important, so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
2) Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Application Folder by moving it into the Trash and Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, move onto the next step
3) Once the Programs has been uninstalled, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
4) Download and install the Latest 1.5 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Manager+Graphics+Connectivity1.5-EXE.pkg)
Special permissions need to be enabled in macOS*
5) Click on the DisplayLink Manager app icon from the notification area to open the app window. This confirms the software is installed and running properly.
Select “Launch automatically after logging in” for the software to start automatically every time you log in.
Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
Navigate to your System Preferences to open Security & Privacy
Enable “Screen Recording” to allow the DisplayLink Manager app to capture pixels and send them to your USB peripheral:
- Please select the "Privacy” tab.
- Navigate to “Screen Recording” in the list on the left.
- Then tick the “Screen Recording” permission for DisplayLink Manager.
9) Because the new permission will only be active the next time you start the application, macOS will invite you to** “Quit & Reopen.”** In Catalina 10.15.x, please select “Quit Now.” Please accept.
More info about this process can be found here.
If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?
Please include ticket# 360618-OD in the email subject.
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!