2 HP laptops one works other does not

I have 2 HP laptops one a envy 360 and works fine no problems. The other is a new one just purchased HP Elitebook 840 and receive intermittent connections on monitors dropping. I have tried your uninstall and reinstall and still no luck. Any suggestions.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, when the monitors drop on your HP Elitebook 840, do they reconnect after a brief moment? If yes, do your applications move back to the main display? Or do they remain on the external monitors?

Since you mention that the UD-3900 works as expected with your HP Envy, we may be dealing with some host conflict with your HP Elitebook. As a result, I’d like to request some logs from your HP Elitebook system in order to investigate further.

Could you please keep the Plugable UD-3900 dock connected to the HP Elitebook (with both monitors still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #277699

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.