HP Spectre was crashing, Best Buy erased, then reloaded Windows 10, now can’t get my USB 3.0 3900H to recognize either of the two external monitors. Already tried rebooting, unplugged everything and reconnected in the recommended order.
Thanks for reaching out to us, based on your description it sounds like the required DisplayLink software was not reinstalled on the system after the operating system was reinstalled.
Our first step is to reset the dock and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the required DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.
Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.